Friday, January 29, 2010

AN OPEN LETTER TO NOYNOY


Excuse me for using ALL CAPS as a subject. I just wanted to catch your attention,honestly. But as expected, this letter might be sent, but not read.

I am very eager to do this very impossible task. And will do everything just to make our lolo happy.

When Ninoy Aquino died- very strong and driven, my lolo was there on the streets with the rest of the country
.
When Mrs Corazon Aquino became the president- happy & very proud,my lolo was there as a very obedient citizen.

When Mrs President died - still strong but grieving, my lolo, went again to the streets to show his love & respect to the late president.

August 21, 2009- On Ninoy's death anniversary, my lolo together with his wife, his son, his daughter-in-law and five of his grandchildren went to Manila Memorial Park to visit Mr & Mrs Aquino's grave. Just a few months ago, when my lolo was still very very strong.

My lolo, 63, can hardly earn a living, but still, he has chosen to serve the community by being a barangay tanod. While my lola enjoys selling dry goods in her little store near the market.

Just 4 days ago, he was confined at Makati Medical center. In general, we are told that my lolo has a multiple organ malfunction. First, his liver, and then, his kidney.. and so on.

Just 4 hours ago, we were in the hospital's hallway... praying & crying for help just hearing the bad news... The doctors said, our beloved lolo was diagnozed with cancer, and like any other cancer, it has it's order - in the 4th stage. But not like any other typical scene, we were not informed on how many days, weeks, months, or years will our lolo live.

Of course, lolo didn't know yet anything about this. But he can feel it. He got a little curious why our eyes swell. and why do we look so sad. we just told him, we're happy.

Little did we know, "Tatay" as we call him, caught our attention. He said he wanted us to vote for Noynoy, not anybody else, he feels like he has a little attachment with the family, though he knows no one can ever appreciate all his loyal efforts, unless the family would found out. We just cried. This cannot be it. The usual last request from a cancer patient seen on movies. We don't claim it. Cancer is just a name.. All names bow down to God.

Reality bites. The least that we can can do is make him happy. He wanted to meet Noynoy in person. He wanted to see & meet the Aquino family.

From the very hectic schedule of Mr. Noynoy Aquino, we understand that this request might be a bit impossible. Well, at least we tried.

Tatay expected to see the Aquinos... I know it cannot, in any way, heal or make his illness disappear. But all of us would be glad seeing him happy and contented that his wish was granted.

I am afraid, this will be his last request in this world. I will be, and we will be more happy If his wish will come true, while surviving cancer and he would carry this happiness as long as he lives. I know God will make a way. God Bless!!

Joylyn Alonso
Makati Medical Center Room 779
0916-5389088


7 comments:

  1. I pray for your lolo na sana the Aquino family including noynoy will spend their minutes to see your lolo to make his wish come true. Sigurado ako na hindi nila ipagkakait iyon pag nabasa nila ito. I was touch and sad for your lolo. Let's us pray that God will heal your lolo or give your lolo much time to see Noynoy win on this presidential election. Like your lolo, our family is also fans of Ninoy, Cory, and their siblings. There is one thing we admire to them their faith in God. Kasi kapag si God ang nanguna sa puso sigurado takot kang gumawa ng mga kasalanan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayers will be answered joylyn....God will make a way. I know they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray your wishes come true Joylyn..GOD Loves your lolo, you and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll Pray for your lolo joylyn...like your lolo i am an avid fan of Ninoy&titaCory.They surely inspired the filipino people and now NOYNOY will continue what his parents did in our country.Let ABS-CBN know your lolo wish.im sure kris will answer the request of your lolo.
    goodLuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pray for your lolo and your family joylyn..i know God will make a way.. when there seems to be no way..He always does...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ihope and pray Joylyn that your wishes and your lolo's wishes will come true, yes GOD always makes a way, don't worry. I will pray that this wish will come true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joylyn,
    I was there during the last night wake of your Lolo and even the day of his burial. First I was not that touched. Basta alam ko malungkot ako kasi nawalan na naman ako ng isang mabait na pinsan. I remembered him during those days na mga bata pa kami though mas senior sila sa akin nina Kuya Cresan and Ate Nit.
    After the burial of Kuya Danny, all I did was to hug Albert, Ate Gracing, Ate Nit and those other relative na malalapit sa akin. Alam ko matagal na naman kaming magkikita. Sabi nga ni Kuya Jun, pag may namatay lang daw sa family kami nagkikita-kita.
    Kuya Danny is one of my favorite pinsan. Ni minsan ay hindi ko siya kinakitaan ng galit sa akin though alam ko ang natural niya.
    I will miss Kuya Danny, I know...

    ReplyDelete